Youth Liaisons help to raise the Lady Legendz Softball Foundation’s (LLSF) visibility and social media presence within the youth population. This individual gives an up-to-date report on how youth use social media and how they receive and relay information. The Youth Liaison will be a main resource and conduit for youth to receive information about LLSF events, fundraisers, Girls in Softball sponsorships, and other activities. This is achieved by mobilizing youth through information dissemination and maintaining communication between the LLSF Communications Committee, Executive Board and President. The position reports directly to the Communications Committee and President.
● Youth Liaisons advocate for youth by:
■ Giving the youth perspective about how to expand social media exposure of Lady Legendz Softball Foundation
■ Exposing youth to Lady Legendz Softball Foundation
■ Seeking out and building relationships with all youth girls and sports organizations
● Youth Liaisons collaborate to address how to better advertise LLSF and how to raise visibility within the youth community by:
■ Continually being up-to-date on popular youth social media apps.
■ Bridging youth, parents, coaches, sports teams to the Lady Legendz Softball Foundation and its purpose.
● Youth Liaisons evaluate and understand social media apps and information intake by:
■ Evaluating the youth perspective and sharing knowledge of personal experiences of youth
■ Understanding the youth perspective, how this population receives information, and the most effective ways to catch their interest and attention.
Be between the ages of 14 – 18
Have a good understanding of Social Media
Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
Be a softball participant
Have effective communication skills
Knowledge of how youth utilize social media
Knowledge of how to use social media to promote LLSF activities
Be willing to participate in speaking engagements as needed
LLSF is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the open board position of Youth Liaison! If you are interested in applying, please complete the following:
- Review the Youth Liaison position description and duties below
- Complete the Youth Liaison application, including the required essay
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, mentor, etc
- Submit your most recent report card or progress report
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media or www.ladylegendz.com for more updates!